WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016 KTM 250SXF
1. The 2016 KTM 250SXF weighs 220.2 pounds (with
no fuel in the tank).
2. All-new engine design that is smaller, lighter and
3. New engine cases that centralize the rotating mass
of the crankshaft and clutch. The crankshaft is moved
up 6mm; the clutch shaft is moved back 11.1mm (and
26.9mm up) and the engine itself is 20mm shorter.
4. Redesigned combustion chamber geometry, port
shapes, camshafts, ignition timing, finger-followers
and valve springs.
5. Forged bridge-box CP piston, shorter connecting rod
and stiffer crankshaft.
6. New 44mm Keihin direct-connect throttle body.
7. Electronic Launch Control and multiple engine maps
to control power delivery.
8. Wider gears; surface treatment on 2nd, 3rd and 4th
gears and low-friction coated shift forks on new five-speed transmission.
9. Completely redesigned coil-spring clutch with a
2016 KTM 250SXF