2016 KTM 350SXF
WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016 KTM
1. 6.8-pound reduction in overall weight
(for a total weight of 223.5 pounds).
2. All-new double-overhead-cam engine
design that is smaller, lighter and more
3. New engine cases that centralize
the rotating mass of the crankshaft and
4. Redesigned combustion chamber
geometry, ports, camshafts, ignition timing, finger-followers and valve springs.
5. Forged bridge-box CP piston, shorter
connecting rod and stiffer crankshaft.
6. New 44mm Keihin direct-connect
7. Electronic Launch Control and
multiple engine maps to control power
8. Wider gears; surface treatment on
2nd, 3rd and 4th gears and low-friction
coated shift forks on new five-speed
9. Completely redesigned coil-spring
clutch with a steel basket.
10. One pound lithium-ion starter
11. Optimized radiator design for
improved engine cooling.
12. New head pipe and muffler for
13. All-new chromoly chassis is 20
percent stiffer torsionally and 30 percent
more resilient longitudinally.
14. Smaller and lighter aluminum
subframe and all-new swingarm.
15. “No Dirt” footpeg design with a
scraper to reduce dirt build-up in the
16. Rubber-mounted Neken handlebars
and ODI lock-on grips.
17. Galfer Wave rotors, CNC-machined
hubs, Excel rims and Dunlop Geomax
18. Larger airbox and totally redesigned
plug-in air filter.
19. Revalved WP 4CS (Four Chamber
20. All-new WP shock, rising-rate
linkage and valving. The new linkage
provides 10mm more travel, even though
the shock is 12mm shorter. The pull
rods are now 148.2mm long (they were
145mm). The shock has a larger gas
reservoir and smaller inner shaft.
21. Totally redesigned bodywork,
ergonomics, seat, gas tank, graphics, side
panels and black frame on all KTM’s.