2016 KTM 450SXF
WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016 KTM 450SXF
1. 7.9-pound reduction in overall weight (for a total
weight of 224.7 pounds).
2. All-new single-overhead-cam engine design that is
smaller, lighter and more powerful.
3. New engine cases that centralize the rotating mass
of the crankshaft and clutch.
4. Redesigned combustion chamber geometry, ports,
camshafts, timing chain and chain guides.
5. Forged bridged box CP piston, 6mm-shorter
cylinder and shorter connecting rod with 10 percent
more inertia from the crankshaft.
6. New 44mm Keihin direct-connect throttle body.
7. Electronic Launch Control and multiple engine maps
to control power delivery.
8. New, lighter, five-speed transmission that is 8mm
narrower and features a new surface treatment on 1st
and 5th gears, along with a special low-friction coating
on the shift forks.
9. A lighter clutch basket, reworked inner hub and new
pressure plate on the Damped Diaphagm clutch (DDS).
10. One-pound lithium-ion starter battery.