WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016 KTM 125SX
1. 4.4-pound reduction in overall weight (for
a total weight of 196.7 pounds).
2. All-new engine is smaller, lighter and
3. All-new cylinder with revised porting and
a redesigned power valve to meter new lateral
4. The new piston has been optimized to
work with the cylinder porting and power
5. The crankshaft is not only lighter but has
been balanced for less vibration and quicker
6. All-new die-cast engine cases raise the
crankshaft and clutch shaft, centralizing mass
and improving handling.
7. Although the gear ratio in the six-speed
gearbox is the same, the transmission is
lighter and narrower.
8. The exhaust pipe dimensions have been
fine-tuned for maximum power from the
totally new engine design.
9. All-new lightweight chromoly frame
provides higher torsional rigidity with less
10. Smaller and lighter aluminum subframe
and all-new swingarm.
11. “No Dirt” footpeg design with a scraper
to reduce dirt build-up in the hinge area.
12. Rubber-mounted Neken handlebars and
ODI lock-on grips.
13. Galfer Wave rotors, CNC-machined hubs,
Excel rims and Dunlop Geomax MX32 tires.
14. Larger airbox and totally redesigned
plug-in air filter.
15. Re-valved WP 4CS (Four Chamber
16. All-new WP shock, rising-rate linkage
17. Totally redesigned bodywork,
ergonomics, seat, gas tank, graphics, side
panels and black frame.