WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016
1. 6.8-pound reduction in overall weight
(for a total weight of 226 pounds).
2. All-new, double-overhead-cam engine
design that is smaller, lighter and more
3. New engine cases that centralize the
rotating mass of the crankshaft and clutch.
4. Redesigned combustion chamber
geometry, ports, camshafts, ignition timing,
finger-followers and valve springs.
5. Forged bridged box CP piston, shorter
connecting rod and stiffer crankshaft.
6. New 44mm Keihin direct-connect
7. Electronic Launch Control and multiple
engine maps to control power delivery.
8. Wider gears; surface treatment on
second, third and fourth gears; and
low-friction coated shift forks in a new
9. Completely redesigned coil-spring
clutch with a steel basket.
10. One-pound lithium-ion starter battery.
11. Optimized radiator design for
improved engine cooling.
12. New head pipe and muffler for
13. All-new chromoly chassis is 20
percent stiffer torsionally and 30 percent
more resilient longitudinally.
14. Smaller and lighter Polymide plastic
subframe and all-new swingarm.
15. “No Dirt” footpeg design with a
scraper to reduce dirt build-up in the
16. Rubber-mounted Neken handlebars
and ODI lock-on grips.
17. Galfer Wave rotors, CNC-machined
hubs, D.I.D. rims and Dunlop Geomax
18. Larger airbox and totally redesigned
plug-in air filter.
19. Re-valved WP 4CS (Four Chamber
20. All-new WP shock, rising-rate linkage
and valving. The new linkage provides
10mm more travel, even though the shock
is 12mm shorter. The pull rods are now
148.2mm long (they were 145mm). The
shock has a larger gas reservoir and
smaller inner shaft.
21. Totally redesigned bodywork,
ergonomics, seat, gas tank, graphics
and side panels.