THEY’RE HERE! 2016
WHAT’S NEW ON THE 2016
1. The 2016 Husqvarna FC250 weighs
221 pounds (with no fuel in the tank).
2. All-new engine design that is
smaller, lighter and more powerful.
3. New engine cases that centralize
the rotating mass of the crankshaft and
clutch. The crankshaft is moved up
6mm, the clutch shaft is moved back
11.1mm (and up 26.9mm), and the
engine itself is 20mm shorter.
4. Redesigned combustion chamber
geometry, ports, camshafts, timing,
finger-followers and valve springs.
5. Forged bridge-box CP piston, shorter
connecting rod and stiffer crankshaft.
6. New 44mm Keihin direct-connect
7. Electronic Launch Control and
multiple engine maps to control power
8. Wider gears; surface treatment
on second, third and fourth gears; and
low-friction coated shift forks in a new
9. Completely redesigned coil-spring
clutch with a steel basket.
10. One-pound lithium-ion starter
11. Optimized radiator design for
improved engine cooling.
12. New head pipe and muffler for
13. All-new chromoly chassis is 20
percent stiffer torsionally and 30 percent
more resilient longitudinally.
14. Smaller and lighter Polymide plastic
subframe and all-new swingarm.
15. “No Dirt” footpeg design with a
scraper to reduce dirt build-up in the
16. Rubber-mounted Neken handlebars
and ODI lock-on grips.
17. Galfer Wave rotors, CNC-machined
hubs, D.I.D. DirtStar rims and Dunlop
Geomax MX32 tires.
18. Larger airbox and totally
redesigned plug-in air filter.
19. Re-valved WP 4CS (Four
Chamber System) forks.
20. All-new WP shock, rising-rate
linkage and valving. The new linkage
provides 10mm more travel, even though
the shock is 12mm shorter. The pull
rods are now 148.2mm long (they were
145mm). The shock has a larger gas
reservoir and smaller inner shaft.
21. Totally redesigned bodywork,
ergonomics, seat, gas tank, graphics and
side panels. ❏